Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy End

Today's post is about the third band (besides Internal Affairs & Right Brigade) where I try to get every record variation that is out there - Bitter End.
One record that I've been after for a while now, is the most recent version of their awesome "climate of fear" LP:


The "clear pilsner beer vinyl with silkscreened/cutout acetate covers sold at United Blood Fest 2009" out of only 54 copies.
This is really awesome. It's not just a silkscreened cover. They cut out a square and covered it with a transparent layer that is silkscreened/printed as well. This is supposed to look like a TV screen with white noise (at least that's what I think). Through the white noise, you can either see the record or the picture that is glued to the inside of the sleeve.


Six Feet Under (or Bitter End themselves) did a very good job with this one. I can't think of a similar special sleeve like this. And I really like how the TV idea fits to the amazing intro of the record with all those TV and radio samples. Well done!!
Okay, maybe one bad side note:
There are 5 different inside images amongst the 54 records....
I don't think that I need all of them... or do I?
In germany we say: "Irgendwo hört's dann aber auch auf..." :o)

The next one that I picked up is the "mind in chains" 7" repress on orange vinyl out of 500:


I didn't even know that Malfunction/Deathwish made a second press. I was surfing around at record trade posts on the Bridge 9 board and at howsyouredge, where I saw that various dudes had this variation. I was totally wondering and couldn't understand how I never heard of this one. After a little research, I found out that it was still available at the Deathwish E-store. Lucky me.
So that's two more records to add here:

No comments:

Post a Comment