Monday, September 14, 2009

Kurzarbeit again

Another Monday, another day off from work, another record shopping tour at the "Schanze".
This time I spent too much money, but here we go:

The very special limited edition of Turbonegro's "Scandinavian leather" LP. If you ask me, this is their best work after the reunion. Take this one and forget everything they recorded after that. It comes in a nice leather sleeve, a double gatefold like I never saw before, it contains a one-sided bonus 12" with an unreleased track (which pretty much sucks, by the way) and is limited to 2000 pieces.


Mine is #1972. When this came out, I held it in my hands and wanted it so badly, but it was too expensive for me. Well, it was worth the wait, as it was way cheaper today!
Another nice feature: There are various pictures of all band members and by using a "key hole" on the back of the double gatefold, you can show your favourite Turbonegro member:


The next one comes in an awesome package as well:


The new Franz Ferdinand. I am sorry, but they are easily one of my favourite non-hardcore bands. Their third record is slightly different from their previous efforts, and it takes some rotations to get used to it, but still it is awesome! I am so looking forward to their Hamburg show in November. I have seen them so many times and everytime it was absolutely amazing.
The record itself comes in the heaviest gatefold ever.


Not your average gatefold sleeve, but very very heavy carton - awesome!

Last, but not least, I picked up the following:


Led Zeppelin - II.
I already have the CD, but wanted to upgrade to the vinyl sooner or later.
When I saw this nice spanish version on red vinyl, I had to get it.
I think I like this one more than their first record. "Whole lotta love" is one of the best openers ever.

Sooooo, let's see what next Monday brings... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment