Friday, September 18, 2009

two steps closer

After receiving an empty box that should have contained my Iron Age 12" pre-order and without even getting a reply from the guy who put out the record, I thought this would be a fucked up week (regarding records).
Well, today this week came to a good end. Two (filled) packages, two times Internal Affairs!

The first one:


A Test Press for the IA/Allegiance split. A very early release. Rivalry Records wasn't even called Rivalry, but just Rival Records when this came out. Bidding at ebay, I was afraid that I have to compete not only against IA collectors, but against Allegiance collectors as well. It turned out that there was no need to worry. I got this record for way less than I expected (Two days earlier, somebody outbid me on the s/t 12" Test Press...).


Impossible to see it in my stupid picture, but mine is #15 out of 20.
I think it's weird that this isn't the rarest version, as somewhere are rootbeer variations out there. Still have to pick up one of those....

The other grab was the following:


The Dalek 12" on clear vinyl out of 100, as far as I know.
When this record came out, I wanted to order all four versions. So I put them in my shopping cart and noticed that the Triumvir store wanted around 120,- $ including shipping to germany....
I mean 60,- $ for shipping four records, are you kidding me? Keep them!
I was angry and didn't want to collect Internal Affairs anymore. A few days later, the records where sold out and I knew that I needed them... In the end, this would probably cost more than 120,- $. Stupid me. After picking up two colors from Deathwish and Grave Mistake Records and the black one for cheap from a spanish record store through ebay, I still needed the clear one. Turned out this wasn't easy. One day, I was posting stupid things in a record collector thread on the Bridge 9 board and got a PM that someone had a copy and wanted to get rid of it. As I had been looking so long without finding one, I instantly made an offer (which might have been a bit too high) and we had a deal. So now, 8 days later I finally have all four of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment