Sunday, September 6, 2009

Set your Control

Last week, two pre-orders came in. The first one was Soul Control's new effort:

Not much to say about this one, as I only heard it once, yet. Plus I am not that into the hype about them. For some stupid reason, I even didn't go to their show last month. The first time listening to this record was a fun time, though. Typical stuff you would expect. Similar to Burn or Lion of Judah. I bet the next time I listen to this, it will blow my mind. And i really have to admit that the artwork is absolutely beautiful!

Much easier to access was the second record that came in:


The new Set Your Goals LP. I only listened to it once as well, but this one blew me away, instantly.
This is simply how summer sounds like to me! The perfect combination of bands like Blink 182 and New Found Glory, but still with a little hardcore edge. If you liked their last releases, no need to hate on this one. I was afraid it would be super poppy, but I was wrong. Seriously, just check it out and enjoy the last sunrays. Too bad that the only possibility to get your hands on the very limited blue vinyl was buying a package with the blue/white/black vinyl. I decided that one copy would be enough, so I have to deal with the white vinyl out of 700.

No comments:

Post a Comment