Friday, September 4, 2009

On & Trapped under Floyd

Last Sunday was awesome. ON played a matinee show in my hometown. That means hanging around with friends and having a few beers while watching one of the few "newer" bands that really attracted my attention, recently. Like I expected, the show was amazing. Not that much crowd reaction, but the band showed some energy that made up for it. For some stupid reason, I missed out on the pre-order for their second ep, even though I liked their "Vital times" 7" a lot. But sometimes good things happen -> they had copies of their new 7" to sell - on white vinyl.


Plus it has a Legitimate Bros stamp on it, which makes it (according to various trade lists on howsyouredge) 1 out of 150.


No need to say that the songs are great as well, you know the story...

The next day, I had a day off from work. I used it to shop around at some record stores.
Too bad that there aren't so many left in Hamburg. So I only managed to pick up two records:

Pink Floyd - meddle.

Do you know the famous movie "2001" from Stanley Kubrick?
They say, if you play the (only) song from the B-side to the last (very strange) 20 minutes of the film, it matches perfectly. I always wanted to try that and was curious, what this very very long song would sound like. So I decided that I needed this record. It contains nice psychedelic stuff you would expect from the 70's. I yet have to listen to it parallel to the movie, though :)

At another store, I picked up the new Trapped under ice LP. Here, I also missed out on the pre-order. I heard that the whole first press is sold out as well, but at Burnout they still had copies on clear vinyl out of 1000.


Basically I missed out on this record, because I don't like trends and hypes and I feel that there is a very big hype about TUI at the moment. Recently, I saw them play with Terror and they blew my mind. Amazing grooves and mosh parts. Maybe the missing gap between Terror and Guns Up. At the store, I gave the record a listen and after the first tunes I knew that this copy was gonna be mine. You should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment